“through the act of living, the discovery of oneself is made concurrently with the discovery of the world around us. . ."

Thursday, December 9, 2010

love@gmail.com



There! I have lit a star

Beside your name!

I scroll down my Inbox

Where stars twinkle next to you

Every time, every time you wrote to me!


Every little message, every little word

You wrote

Is a thought – of me!


In this dark and silent night

I read you, over and over

And you light up, once again

My room, my lonely heart!


I wish I could make a garland

Of all the stars one day.

I will keep it ready

For the day you’ll come –


Though I know you won’t, ever...

******** Balachandran V, Trivandrum, 09-12-2010

15 comments:

  1. WOW. Lovely. I know this feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jyothi: Hmmm... the feeling ... of being alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Insignia: Why couldn't it be you?!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Balanji it is as if you have put in my words... I have felt the same way..but never thought of putting in words like that so beautifully :-)

    Its really really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. @kalpana: NO!Don't let it be like your thoughts! These are the ruminations of a man who have lived much longer! Not the thoughts for the young!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is probably one of the most beautiful thoughts; and conveyed in a unique way; only you would think of saying it like this...Excellent beyond words...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sandy: While tidying up the Inbox, the idea of this poem came so unexpectedly; before I could control my hands, fingers flew over the keyboard. I let it be, without correcting or editing...

    People want to know the 'other person' in the poem. It is not my 'other person', it is the other person of each of those who read the poem...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am getting suspicious.Did I post you my letters by mistake !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Few places where I find you both naughty and cruel to yourself.You Balachandran,your ways of emanation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a word, please!