“through the act of living, the discovery of oneself is made concurrently with the discovery of the world around us. . ."

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Blessed




Life, I muse, is like some of the old Hindi film songs I listen to.
I enjoy the music, the voice, the score
l close my eyes at its soft melody.
I know the meaning of a few words here and there, a refrain or two
A word, a phrase, a sentence - and the thread breaks - and  yet somehow
I catch the drift, and watch it, like wine being poured into my cup.

Over the years, I learn a few more words
The song is more meaningful, though  gaps of ignorance remain.

At this twilight, I listen, straining to look deeper
And smile to myself - I will never understand the song in full.

Blessed are those who know the language of life.

************** Balachandran V, Trivandrum 01.04.2012

6 comments:

  1. The language of life- the mystery of it is perhaps what makes the curiosity enjoyable and awe. Don't you think so?
    The same matters to the old genre Hindi film songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one edition of "the thinker" lives in Philadelphia . . . Rodin museum

    Warm Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>

    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  3. One does not know the words to understand its essence; which I am sure you experience and enjoy.

    And as Anil said, the pleasure is more in exploring the unknown - be in places, women or music ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anil, @Insignia: Mysteries could be tiresome after some time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. indeed sir blessed are those who know the language of life ..

    But then If i know what i am doing it will become monotonous.. boring

    luckily out there on the street I have no idea who i will meet or see or what i will face .. thats the beauty of it all ..


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete

Leave a word, please!