“through the act of living, the discovery of oneself is made concurrently with the discovery of the world around us. . ."

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A different view




People sprouted on either side
Slightly angular, they seemed to grow
Away from me.
Farther, outside the wire mesh
I saw trees growing away from me.
Overhead, across the whitewashed ceiling
The wiring, the lights and the fans ran past
Like blood vessels and organs splayed, of a roadkill.


Pulled, pushed, turned and twisted
From corridor to corridor, elevator to elevator
I hung on, in a limbo.

The stretcher offers perspectives strange…
******** Balachandran Trivandrum 23.03.2010

2 comments:

  1. What kind of posts are these , Mr B ? Hospital and stretcher and all?

    Are you ok ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha reminds me of the movie "all that jazz"

    ReplyDelete

Leave a word, please!