“through the act of living, the discovery of oneself is made concurrently with the discovery of the world around us. . ."

Friday, February 6, 2009

Blue Moon

                                                                                                                                                

Blue Moon!

How would thee be?

Blue, like the skies over the mountains

Or the sea a hundred fathoms deep?

Would thee be a lavender blue

Or a fragrance from Satchmo’s jazz?

 

Nights –

I do not remember days anymore –

Nights –

Rattle of toddy cats on the roof

Rustle of the mango tree in the breeze

The howl of my dogs

Pining for love.

Through the window

A moon, waxing and waning

Clouded out.

 

She said she would glance at my words

Once in a blue moon.


I seek thee, Blue Moon!

How would thee come?

On the fourteenth night

Thy anklets tittering,

Lifting thy veil

And -

Looking at me with love?

******  Balachandran V, Trivandrum, 06-02-2009

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. may d blue moon occur more frequently..and may the phrase prove wrong for it supposed usage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet, isn't it beautiful? To yearn for something that will never come your way? I consider Blue Moon as one of my best efforts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is poetry in yearning. I find yearning beyond yearning too in these lines.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a word, please!